Welcome to Roberts Park UMC’s Shalom Daycare Ministry. You are an important and essential part of this daycare ministry. It is our hope that in all your interactions with the children and the other staff members, you will be guided by the philosophy in the Missions statement and in the Goals of the Shalom daycare ministry:
All young children deserve to grow up in a safe, nurturing environment. Thus, the ‘Shalom Daycare Ministry’ interacts with parents, families, caregivers and community resources to provide educational programs that meet the development needs of preschool children. The daycare center is open to all children without regard to race, gender, economical status or religion. As a ministry of Roberts Park United Methodist church, it is guided by the values of the church, yet remains open to the beliefs of others.
Our goals in working with each child are:
- To encourage friendliness, cooperation and sharing.
- To develop control of large and small body muscles.
- To help children establish healthy and safe routines.
- To promote a positive self-concept.
- To enhance curiosity about the world around them.
- To help children develop cognitive growth.
- To provide a supportive atmosphere with an appreciation of each child’s faith and culture.
- To encourage children to communicate experiences, thoughts and feelings in an acceptable manner.
We believe that…
- Children are precious and must receive care from adults who are capable and caring–whose values enable them to be excellent role models.
- Children should experience numerous positive learning milestones, leading to an increased sense of competence and independence.
- Children’s play is extremely vital to healthy physical development, acceptable social skills, and cognitive growth.
- Teachers, drawing upon their training and experience, must create an appropriate educational environment which carefully guides children from one developmental and cognitive level to another.
Shalom Daycare is a registered ministry childcare with the state of Indiana.
Hours of operation: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Shalom Daycare Manager: Tonia Haines
— or the Director Tonia Haines at thaines